The Journey Stitched by Barb Blundell

The Journey Stitched by Barb Blundell
Shepherd's Bush

Monday, September 6, 2010

SOMETHING NEW!

What, September already? Ahhh September, the month that leads into a new season, new school year, new goals and yes, new stitching projects....Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. YIKES!!   So, what does this have to do with my title: Something New? So glad you asked. I'm adding pages to our Shepherd's Bush blog.  Look underneath the header, you will see: Home    Fabric & Fiber News    place your cursor over one of them and you can click to that page....Okay, I know, only 2 pages, so far, but room for 10 pages, WOW! I thought it would be a great addition to our blog, that instead of searching the internet, going through magazines & going to different land stores, searching for information, you can find it in one place....on our blog.

There is more to a beautiful project, than just the design itself; and what would that be, you ask?  Why, the fabric you choose, the thread you stitch with and accessories (beads, buttons, etc) you add. These are what make your projects standout and say "ME." Uniquely yours! So, now you know why the 2nd page of our blog is Fabric & Fiber News. In the next few days, I will begin to add info onto this page.

Don't know what Gloriana is; what should I know about metallic threads; ever stitched with filament; ever stitched on hand dyed? Why does the same color dye, look different on linen, evenweave & aida? You can find out these and other interesting bits on the Fabric & Fiber News page.

If you have an idea for a page, please let me know by emailing me. I want these pages to be informative for YOU. Do you have an opinion about certain threads & fabrics, let us know by sending a post.  (As a note, I am not paid by any company that has a product listed on the blog, nor do I promote a company on this blog, other than Shepherd's Bush Designs.)

Thanks for stopping by & happy stitching,
Colleen

No comments: